Sunday 18 September 2011

All Things Come, All Things Go




Deep inside of me she sits, sipping wine and smoking,
I’ll give her everything, my last breath, the songs I sing,
She stirs when her name appears in lines,
And the paper tears have stained
Tears and washes far away, where I cannot hear her name,
Long before she walked away,
That was all that I would say,
Hers was all that I would say,

Now my body aches in vain to lay heavy and abstain
I can only blow as dust held together,
Slowly free of her and chained to her,
With clockwork whips,
And only for the child of pain,
My heart remains the same for I have shared with her my name,
Long before she walked away,
I had shared with her my name,
Long before she walked away

As I stand here thinking all lies are hell,
The bastard truth beckons both my crown and root
To the hemlock,
But I’ve crossed the coals,
And walked for four years more,
 I’ve slept between her soul and mine,
And pined in prisons of my own where she has sweat and swore,
And yet,
I have never borne her death as a stone,
I’ve only cried and known,
That all things come and go


The Song 

No comments:

Post a Comment