Wednesday 1 June 2011

Gospel Song




For That I’ve Done Wrong

If I could hear my dear old mother’s prayer again,
My wrists would be free of devil’s charms,
If I could hear her praying, I’d be where I want to be,
In her company and arms,
Heaven has me orphaned but I’ll sing my gospel songs,
There is no prayer, for that I have done wrong,

If I could hear my dear old father’s yell again,
My legs would have blood enough to crawl,
If I could hear him yelling, I’d be where I want to be,
In the open, walking tall,
I am crippled by the mantras and the gongs,
There is no yell, for that I have done wrong,

For that I have done wrong so let me wrong again,
Let mistakes upon me show,
For that I have done wrong, I am where I ought to be,
Knowing where I want to go,
If I’m to be judged, let me be judged in this light;
I have done wrong, for that I have done right.


No comments:

Post a Comment